Mae West: May 1st
• • Here's a bit about the celebrated Mae West wax figure — — to be auctioned on the first day of May.
• • Catalogue description: Mae West looks sultry wearing a black floor length gown, black heels, and black feather boa as if she's about to say "Come up sometime and see me!" This figure, designed by Leah DeLio, is one of the original figures of the Museum and revamped by Hollywood Wax Museum curator Ken Horn. The wax head was sculpted and portrait painted in oil and the figure stands 5 ft. 5 in. tall. [estimated value: $2,000 — $3,000].
• • During the Hollywood Wax Museum Auction, this lifesize sculpture will be offered by Profiles in History [26901 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA 91301].
• • Will you bid on Mae three weeks from now? Tell us!
Courting Mae West
• • Photo: Mae West • • Mae Wax • •